I have spent over one month to study Rust, mostly read the rust book, listen to podcast, and practice rustling. Unlike all other languages I have tried, Rust is one of its kind and difficult to pick up.
Instead of continuing the happy path, I decide to build a toy Cli to see how much I can use Rust now.
the Cli requirement
I use Tmux to work on projects under
~/projects. Each of the projects are practically "folders".
I wish to have a Cli tool to
- initiate easily a corresponding Tmux session for each project
- jump between these sessions effortlessly.
I named this tool "finter", and its MVP works like this:
Run "finter" in the console:
- it will list all folders in "~/projects"
- it allows a single-selection
- it allows fuzzy search
- it creates a new or go to the existing session once a single-selection is made
an existing tool
tmux-sessionizer is a similar tool but with features more than I need. Therefore, I plan to build my own and study tmux-sessionizer code.
My first Rust app journey starts here!